What is Canada Express Entry?
In January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) came up with an initiative to ease managing of permanent residence visas, termed Canada Express Entry. The Canada express Entry is not just an electronic selection system but one of the unique introductions to the world. The aim to this initiative was to bring in an enhanced and hasty selection system for foreign skilled worker applications. The Canada Express Entry came in as a way to promote Canadian economy by hiring workers and filling in vacancies of the sectors falling short of skilled man force.
The introduction of the Canada Express Entry has provided the Canadian economy with the following benefits:
- Acts as an effective tool to Canadian authorities to select immigrants who are skilled and fill in the vacant positions very accurately.
- Directs the skilled immigration programs as per the requirements.
- Provides the federal and provincial personals with qualified and skilled labors by much reliable means.
- Provides immigrations with a smoother and quicker migration process.
How does Canada Express Entry work?
Following is the step-by-step process of Canada Express Entry application process:
- Submit an online Canada Express Entry profile. The profile must feature updated information about your age, education, language skills, work experience and adaptability.
- Attest relevant documents* to the same as an evidence.
- Your profile is considered for evaluation by Government of Canada and associated Canadian employees.
- After evaluation, you are allotted with points as per your profile analysis.
- There are four programs under Canada Express Entry; namely, Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canada Experience Class, Skilled Trade and the Provincial Nominee Program. Your scores will determine under which program you can immigrate to Canada.
- Once you are determined of the program that relates to your profile, your profile is directed to the Express Entry Pool.
- In the Express Entry Pool, your profile is evaluated based on the standards set by the Canada’s federal &provincial governments, recruiters and Canadian employers on the grounds of your eligibility.
- You are then offered with a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) which acts as your work permit to Canada.
- The LMIA is the basic criteria that will aid you the Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence under the respective economic program you have been entitled to.
- After having received your Invitation to Apply, your application will be processed within 5-6 months.
Documents to be attested:
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Police clearance certificate
- Medical report
- Language test results
- Photograph of applicants and family members
Note: Your profile expires after one year. If you do not receive an Invitation to Apply prior to the expiry of your profile, you have a time period of 60 days to re-submit your profile to Express Entry.
The Government conducts Canada Express Entry Draws and issues invitations by its means at regular intervals. Stay linked to our News section to know about upcoming Canada Express Entry Draws.