One of the most prominent programs managed by the Canada Express Entry System is the Federal Skilled Worker Visa Program. Professionals of all countries across the world with eligible skills and qualification that are high in demand in Canada and who have an extensive ability to fulfill the requirements of Canadian Immigration can apply for a Permanent Resident visa under Federal Skilled worker program and settle permanently in Canada.
What is a Permanent Resident Visa?
A Permanent Resident visa, much popularly known as a PR visa is an official permit a national of a specific country must obtain in order to reside in other international countries for a long period of time. To be eligible for a PR visa of Canada or any prominent country, the basic requirement is to be a skilled worker, i.e an educated and experienced professional.
What benefits does a PR visa holder get?
On gaining a Permanent Residency of Canada under the FSW program, PR visa holders get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Freedom to reside anywhere in Canada- No restrictions or limitations to choose a place are opposed on a PR visa holder. He can choose to live anywhere in the country
- Protection under Canadian law- Immigrants of Canada on a PR visa get all protection under Canadian law & many benefits sponsored by the Government. However, they do not get vote rights until they become Canadian citizens
- Work for any company & take up a job that best suits- PR visa holders get a right to work for any company they wish to and take up a job that best suits their skills & convenience
- Freedom of travel- PR visa holders can travel anywhere across Canada & also visit any public places they wish to
- Take up education as well- In case any professional wishes to study while he works, he will be allowed to enroll for education in any university or institution of Canada
- Family can accompany- Married applicants can take along their spouse and kids to stay in Canada
- Subsidised benefits- Families on a PR visa get to enjoy free education facilities for their kids and free medical & healthcare for the entire family
- Claim citizenship- After a stay of approx. 3 yrs, Canada PR visa holders become eligible to apply for a citizenship in Canada.
Who can apply for Permanent Resident Visa under FSW?
Canada Immigration Department has set certain parameters when it comes to the selection of eligible PR visa applicants. In order to apply for this visa under FSW and enjoy a Permanent Residency in Canada, one must possess the following:
- Have an age in the range of 18-55 years
- Have minimum Bachelor’s Degree as qualification
- Possess at least 2 yrs. work experience
- Ability to read, write & speak English language
- Good health & moral character
- Eligible score in the points-based selection system
Points Based Selection System- Six Selection Factors
On meeting the eligibility criteria stated above, applicants of Canada Immigration must evaluate their profile as per the Canada points-based selection system. Following factors are considered and points are allotted to each factor, accordingly.
Factor 1: Age
As Canada lacks talented youth, it prefers young immigrants to migrate to Canada as permanent residents. While Canada accepts immigrants who are even aged 55 years, the highest points are for people in the age range of 18 yrs to 35. Canada immigration applicants in this range get max 12 points for their age. However, with age increase, points are reduced- the lowest being 0 points for 50- 55 yr old applicants.
Factor 2: Qualification
Canada PR visa applicants can score maximum 25 points for their qualification. Applicants with the highest Canadian educational degree, PhD or Master’s Degree from a registered University generally get this highest score. However, a Bachelor’s degree holder is also eligible to apply for Canada PR visa- being entitled to very minimum points.
Factor 3: Work Experience
A min of 2 yrs of work experience is mandatory for Canada immigration. Since Canada demands Skilled immigration, applicants with the highest employment and work experience get the highest score, i,e. 15 points. The important aspect related to employment is that the applicant’s occupation must be listed under Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Factor 4: Language (English or French)
To be able to immigrate to Canada on a PR visa, an applicant must have good English language skills. Canadian immigration demands the applicant to prove his English language skills by passing an authorised English language test, most preferably IELTS. If the applicant is able to score required IELTS in all four components of the language proficiency test- reading, writing, speaking & listening- he will be allotted with maximum 24 out of 28 points for his English language ability. Along with the English language, if the applicant possesses French language skills, it would be an added advantage for his Canada immigration. On proving these skills through CELPIP, IELTS or TEF, he/she can claim additional 4 points under the language skills factor.
Factor 5: Adaptability
Factors like previous Canadian employment experience or education from Canada, or both are counted for one’s adaptability. If an applicant possesses any of these adaptability factors, he will be allotted a max score of 10 points for his/her Canada immigration application.
Factor 6: Arranged Employment
While having a job offer is not mandatory to receive an ITA for Canada immigration, an arranged employment or a valid job offer in hand from a Canadian employer will boost one’s chances for an additional score. An applicant can score max. 10 points on his Canada PR Visa application for an employment offer in prior.
Is Federal Skilled Worker Visa Program for you?
The most important aspect to qualify for a Permanent Resident Visa under FSW is to score overall 67 points in the Points-based selection system. Our Evaluation service is specifically for aspirants like you who are planning for an immigration to Canada & want to know their score and chances to settle in Canada with ease & success. We have a team of highly qualified Evaluation experts who can help you know your chances for a Canada PR visa under FSW program. Kindly leave your details here, and we’ll arrange a call back soon.